A new branch


 After having a lecture at FCH it was time to go home. On the way home it was different, my mind was in a place where I hold only think about trees and the vegetation that I could see out of the car. I was looking to try to figure out what tree was what and identify each one that took my eye. The ones that grabbed my attention were the maples, and the silver birch, and a few others that I have yet identified. I love the maples because of the colour, the way they change before any other tree and stick out. The reds, oranges, yellows and browns just make me feel so excited about autumn. They don’t make me think about how everything looks a bit dead and not full of life, it symbolises change, new beginnings and beauty. At this stage I think they’re the most beautiful. The same with the silver birch, there leaves change to a very yellow colour. I love the structure of the trunks and branches most. They’re very thin, and stand tall and straight, I think they’re a very neat tree that would be easy to interpret into a design. I also love there leaves for another reason; the size. The size makes the tree look dotted as you walk up to it. It was slightly dark as I was just getting home so I saw more of the silhouette which made the outline stand out more, it reminded me of winter. When the trees are being pulled down due to the dappled snow slowly building up on top. It made my drive home a lot more eventful, and I’m going to look out and identify as many trees I can from now on. 


Comments

Popular Posts