The 3rd walk


 

This was one of my favourite photos on this walk as I think it captures the beauty of pitville park perfectly. 

It was October the 6th when I walked this, with the autumn sun, crunchy leaves and soggy underfoot. I walked it at about 2-4 pm when the sun was starting to set and the gorgeous golden rays slices through the slightly bare vegetation. I started off with the bottom end view of the park, not being here before I didn’t really know what to expect. It was the classic park at first, several stopping points for people to rest, trim trails for the kids to play, an overwhelmingly large pitch with array of laughter and screams, paths that had been widened and boggy at the edges, and a large lake in the middle which we proceeded to walk around. 

I loved it, it felt like being back in the Forest of Dean. 

Along the path, it guided you through the park, which I always found my self stopping and taking a look at the views which this park had to offer. It was often over bridges where everything would open up and you would start to understand and scale of the lake compared to the path. I also found there were tiny inlets on the way of little cafes and boat hires which had queues of bubbly people, it made me feel happy, safe, especially with all the families with young children around it made me sure that I would visit for a second  time. 

During the last parts of the walk there was a lot more wildlife I saw including squirrels and swans. This was where the lake ended and flowed down rocks and into a stream, they almost felt man made, in order to manipulate and weave the water to where they wanted it to go. 

Comments

Popular Posts