Jamie’s project 2- a process

 I find it hard to start projects, it’s always a bit of a daunting process sticking with one idea and going for it. I always dwell on it for too long then find it’s flaws then drop it. Which as you can imagine leads to a lot of procrastination - not good. 

I thought and pondered and I might go for an autumn decay theme. This captures the colour of autumn in the pictures and I was going to collect some rubbish and litter which has decayed and rusted. I haven’t figured out how to display it yet. I wanted to do something elaborate but no thoughts are yet to come through. I was going to stick the pictures to cardboard, maybe scrunched up, maybe not, maybe on CDs, patched back together.. maybe not.







Those were my process pictures. I went with the beauty in decay. I started off knowing a rough theme - the decay of objects. 
Then I dove further into it, picking up a tinge of objects and photos. 
Then selecting which work best, through eliminating different objects and trying to place them in a way that works. 
Then overlapping them and creating depth into my presentation of work. 

So I think I’m a thinker? I like to think about a project a lot before diving into it, causing lots of procrastination and time wasting. Figuring this out helps me with future projects, maybe setting little tasks before the whole projects to break it down a bit and allow time for me to process it? 


Comments

Popular Posts