The Kings Square



site analysis. Its always important to get a good overview of the site beginning to understand the aspects of how people use it, the weather, existing materials and uses.  Here I researched a bit about The Kings Square in Gloucester - my original way into Landscape Architecture. 

This was a project that I studied at A-level in Design and technologies. It was my final project and taught me so much for my first ever insight into this profession. So here I went back, knowing what I know, and improved the analysis of the site, taking into account the existing vegetation, entrances, site routes and wind analysis, something I didn't do before. 
This site is accessible from all angles so something pretty central would fit here well. 
Uses are mainly walking through to town from the bus station, so direct routes through are important. 

Revisiting this highlighted how much I have learnt, it also showed me the importance of preserving more material and trying to be as sustainable as possible. 












 

Comments

Popular Posts