Ares Landscape Architecture

The Legacy Garden  Ares

 



The vision master plan 


Concept sketch 


design development 


This garden was a competition winning garden, The Legacy Garden, University of Nottingham. This was the first design that caught my eye, I think it’s beautiful and serves purpose through creating space for celebrations and a space to stop and reflect. It’s designed as a fully immersive space that captures your attention and brings you into the present moment. 

I think the layout has been thought out well, designing it with a circle helps create a space with movement, supported by the pool that will ripple quietly in the background. It also creates a reflection at the centre, really creating a strong concept.

There website is easy to access and navigate, which is convenient for users. The first page shows projects that they have finished and completed, showing a working and reliable practice.

“A Landscape Design Practice working to deliver sustainable, practical and beautiful places.” – I think this manifesto on their website describes them well. I think they work very practically, and tend to work on smaller scaled projects, they finish them to a high standard. Looking at their site they also seem to be involved in a lot of high street improvements, including the local spaces within Cheltenham.

I overall I think this practice is very design based and it is someone who I would be interested in working for in the future. I love the way they create unique landscapes, that is unique to the specific places, it seems like a fun and interesting workplace to be in. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts