Bees love your small gardens




This was a great read by mabel-banfield-nwachi about the importance of small gardens. It reiterates as a singular person what we can do. I think it’s less overwhelming and manageable for an individual to do - Not cut your grass!

I appreciate the reasons for cutting your grass, but I think we should bring to light the benefits of keeping your grass unkept. Get rid of the shame of having a "messy" garden as it has such a great benefit. 

I loved the image used on the front of this article, a strip of flowers including Dandelions and daisies, often perceived as weeds. However these are some of the first blooms in spring making them essential for the bees to survive as this is their main source of pollen. I would love to include this in a design of mine as it has little maintenance and is also an area where children and dogs can enjoy. 

They are native plants, so benefit the ecosystem as a whole. 

For my garden this year I aim to mow strips as paths, and leave the rest for the bees, What will you do?
  



Comments

Popular Posts