Gilles Clément

Garden André Citroën

By Alain Provost and Gilles Clement


View of one glass pavilion and the white path way through 


Autumn birds eye view 


The glass pavilion, water feature and planting 


Playful water features 


The parks use



This garden is interesting in the geometric shapes. This piece from Gilles Clement was interesting. I like the water features as they create a complete mood shift, giving energy to the park. 
I like the open grass spaces as you can see these are used lots by families, and create dynamic spaces with multi use. 
I like the architecture of the pavilions as they are such a great centre piece and outlook over the park. 
I respect the geometric layout but I don't like it. I think it feels empty and nature seems to be controlled, pushed into designated areas rather than integrated into the park in a natural way. 
I think it looks lonely, everyone's made to feel separated, there doesn't seem to be room to communicate.
I understand the meaning and purpose behind this design, however I don't think it creates a good space. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts