Making a skate park a social hub


 Take the typical place that is pushed into the corner and hoped to be forgotten about, and create a lively creative meeting place where people can be out doors and burn off energy. 

A town near me doesn’t have much green or outdoor space and the skate park is used excessively as a meeting place, you would always hear laughter walking past. However recently a health centre has been built, they agreed to keep the skate park open due to the popularity but getting further into the development they closed it off. Reading so much anger and frustration it made me realise places like this are where people spend a lot of time to de stress, exercise and is very important within the community. Though often they have a bad reputation reading all the comments made me realise there is a community within it, a chance to make friends, speak to people with common interests, it really opened my eyes. 

With this knowledge I would love to bring this to North Place, I want the space to include everyone. 

Comments

Popular Posts