Bristol & a water feature


Bristol water fountain 



The water spilling over the edge of the fountain. 


 

Bristol’s water fountain, its stainless-steel, located at the entrance to a vast - empty open space. It created a barrier that makes you want to interact and use it to enter into the site. 

I didn’t like this fountain. I thought for the time I visited around 7:00pm it was a bit of an obstruction to the rest of the square/large space in the middle. Though it had all the benefits of creating white noise and allowing people to connect to the landscape through water, and have the sensory element 

I thought it was a very ‘stale’ design. There’s no real point to it? One of the sides of the steel had been dented meaning all the water was pouring into the pavement, no fault of the designers, however the whole area had a layer of water on, so health and safety was a massive risk as well as the feeling of maintenance was low. 

I didn’t like the blue lights, I didn’t like the materiality, the blue glare you got had a cold feel, it just didn’t invite you in. As well as the shiny aluminium didn’t fit well creating a tacky feel. 


Comments

Popular Posts