Furnitecture and the connection with the Severn bore

For our design projects, one of our tasks is to create furnitecture that we will place into Alney island.

I think the idea is to try and get you to think about smaller scaled spaces. The intimate spaces and how people will use them, how they will feel with the rest of a design.

My concept in the Severn Bore. The ripples inspired the shape of the benches, into a waved pattern. I don’t want them to feel forced so I created different shaped high and low points within the seating. 




I hope to create informal seating, mixed with play. I want there to be parts where children can climb over, where people can lay, climb, or go under. I think that will create an interactive and fun environment. 




 

I will bring colour into the paving or maybe the wooden slats that will make up the bench, inviting people with joy and brightness. I think the shape from above will be laid in the shape of the river Severn, this will give place specific detail, and create an attraction to the site. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts