Rusted Ribbon



A garden Design 

"The Journey of a Ribbon" 





A rusted ribbon running through the garden was imagined through this piece of ribbon that I found while working in construction with my dad. Even though it was thrown to the side for junk, the flow and natural rhythm that ran through it was gorgeous. The twists and warps combined with the colour of the rust, felt perfect for an accent for a freeform modern perennial garden. 




This was an initial sketch with pen and water colour, a rough representation of the flower forms, shapes and height. 




This was the style of planting that I imagined for the planter. I love the whimsical style of them, the textures and layers that each of the image holds draws you in. I think grasses would have to be added to separate the colours, and add a back drop to the accent plants. They will also add flow and movement to the boarder, creating a cohesive design. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts