BDP

 It’s always interesting reading into landscape architect values and ethos. With BDP my first realisation was that vast array of projects that they cover. They have a huge team across the world, with each practice being catered to that area of the world. I was amazing to see as well how much of a multidisciplinary team they have, which I think would be great to get into starting as a new landscape architect, as you can begin to see a wide range of career paths you could choose to go down. 

I like how the Landscape Architecture is so intertwined with other disciplines within this company, I feel as though they work as one huge team. They aim to ‘shape and define’ places, which I think they have done in most projects, however for the landscape architecture side of the practice, they seem to shape and define places with their buildings and architecture, then design the landscape surrounding. It isn’t a bad thing, however with such a large-scale practice, I think landscape architecture is one component of so many others, making it seem less significant in their designs. 

I enjoyed looking through the range of projects that BDP have completed as they have such a huge portfolio, one that stood out for me is Chavasee Park, Liverpool. It’s a waterfront design, and the natural forms within the project are why it stood out. They’ve stepped up from the waterfront to the city, creating great connections. There are interactive water features spread throughout and large open green space which facilitate to flexible open space. It’s a practical design with great form, expressing the place specific detail. 

These are different views across the site in Liverpool, I love the shape and natural forms that have been included within the scheme. 






BDP aims to engage with people, and design for the needs of the users and the environment, both principles that are vital to me as a young Landscape Designer. All in all I liked the look of BDP landscape architecture, however I hope to work in a place that is solely focused on landscape architecture. 


Comments

Popular Posts